Nestled against the foothills of California’s Sierra Nevada Mountains, Porterville is a bustling city of 52,000 and serves as a trade center to over 100,000 people. The economy is a thriving mixture of agri-business, light industry, and commercial enterprise. Local businesses produce a number of products such as electronic medical instruments, printed forms and specialty documents, and food products.
- Sites and Buildings – Visit our Properties page to search for available sites and buildings or contact our staff to help you locate properties that fit your project’s needs.
- Incentive Zones – Sequoia Valley Enterprise Zone, Foreign Trade Zone, and Recycling Market Development Zone are programs geared toward reducing operating costs.
- Workforce – Employers boast of low turnover rates and hire from a surrounding labor force of approximately 100,000. Local programs are available to assist employers with all their hiring and training needs.
- Permit Fast Tracking – The City’s one-stop permit counter provides for fast turnaround permitting. A liaison is available to assist throughout the entire process.
- Development Fee Payment Plan – Companies may take advantage of the City’s Payment Plan which allows for most development fees to be financed over a 10-year period, with 0% interest.
Whether you are interested in the easy going country atmosphere or the friendly small-town allure, the entrepreneurial spirit abounds in Porterville. For more information about doing business in Porterville contact the Economic Development Division at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 559.782.7460. We welcome your call.
"More than information, the City’s Economic Development Division is a resource provider that can be used to build your business, attract highly qualified employees and assist with tax incentives increasing your potential for success!”
Billious Outdoor Power Equipment
“The City’s can-do attitude and team approach was a factor in selecting Porterville as the site for Edison’s service center.”
Richard L. Park
, Corporate Real Estate Manger
Southern California Edison
“Working with the City showed us just how prepared they were to meet the unique needs of the job. City staff was friendly, knowledgeable, and approachable during the course of the project and definitely worked well with Dayco Construction, Inc.”
Gary Day, President
Dayco Construction Company